Below you can see all of our plans at this point. We leave tomorrow!
Sat, 30 Sept
- depart MSP at 12.40pm CST United Airlines 7536
- arrive D.C at 4.03pm (3.03 CST)
- depart D.C. at 5.18pm (4.18 CST) United Airlines 0916
Sun, 1 Oct:
- arrive Frankfurt at 7.10am (12.10am CST)
- depart Frankfurt at 3.20pm (8.20am CST) Lufthansa Airlines 3846
- arrive Rome at 5.05pm (10.05 CST)
- catch train to Termini Station
- check in to Des Artistes Hotel (shared bathroom) http://www.hoteldesartistes.com/
Thurs, 5 Oct
- figure out how to take train to Florence
- check in to Norcenni Girasole Club (permanent tented hostel/campsite outside Florence) http://www.camping.it/english/toscana/clubgirasole/
back in Rome:
Mon, 9 Oct
-take train back to Rome
-check in to Baltic Hotel (private bathroom!) http://www.hotelbalticroma.com/
the return trip:
Sun, 15 Oct
-depart Rome at 10.30am (3.30am CST) Lufthansa Airlines 3841
-arrive Frankfurt at 12.30pm (5.30am CST)
-depart Frankfurt at 1.25pm (6.25am CST) United Airlines 8827
-arrive D.C. at 3.55pm (2.55pm CST)
-depart D.C. at 5.05pm (4.05 CST) United Airlines 7547
-arrive MSP at 6.49pm central time
25 September 2006
so we broke in our new rome purchases this weekend: we wore our new shoes (freshly sprayed nubuck!) in the mud and rain of the renaissance festival. this was a good thing, because the spray can said, "spray, let dry. spray again. after wearing shoes in wet weather, spray again." so we got it all done in one day! when we got home, we wiped the mud and stray grass off our shoes and sprayed 'em down.
we also used our new camera to take some pictures of fire eaters, faerie [fairy] houses and jousting.
it was a good warm-up for europe: turkey legs and onion rings, steins (and plastic dixie cups) of beer, men in kilts getting cash from the atm, a knight in shining armor answering his cell phone. the old mingled with the new.
and we started packing our suitcases last night! yay!